Councillor - Heworth
- I was born in Yorkshire with a Dutch mother and a very Yorkshire Dad. My mum celebrates her 90th birthday in April. I have a son and daughter who both live in Hertfordshire and two granddaughters.
- I am a member of the North Yorks and York Fire and Rescue Service, a Governor at Burnholme Community College, Chairman of the Friends of St Nicholas Fields and a Trustee of York CVS. I am also on the LINks pharmaceutical group, and am the Deputy Older People's Champion. As well as serving on several CYC Committees I am also on the Edible York Scrutiny Review Committee.
- I have enjoyed working with the residents in the ward and encouraging their involvement in representing their concerns on a range of issues. In particular to support Burnholme Community College when it was threatened with closure and to see the school now achieving fantastic results. Currently I am supporting students from St Johns University who are working in the Ward, and representing the three Residents Associations who are very supportive of the proposal to turn the Fossway Pub on Huntingdon Road into a community resource.
- I am a Hull University graduate in Social Administration and have spent most of my working life in the voluntary sector as Chief Executive of two patient charities. I have also been a lay member of the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the National Clinical Assessment Authority and am now a lay member of the General Pharmaceutical Council. I was also the patient member of the Richard Neale Inquiry and have worked as a patient consultant with a range of NHS organisations, and until this year was actively working with Patient Opinion.
- I am Vice Chairman of the Socialist Health Association and continue to campaign on health issues. I have a keen interest in the environment, gardening and my allotment. In my spare time I belong to the Minster Community walking group, and enjoy travelling, spending time with family and friends.