Councillor - Heworth
- I was born in Yorkshire with a Dutch mother and a very Yorkshire Dad. My mum is 93, and i have a son and daughter who both live in Hertfordshire and two granddaughters.
- I have served on several committees of the Council, including Planning and was a member of the North Yorks and York Fire and Rescue Service. I have been a Governor at Burnholme Community College and Chairman of St Nicholas Fields. Currently I serve on the Licensing and Gambling Committee, Education Appeals, Corporate Parenting Board and SACRE. I am a member of the Bell Farm Social Hall Management Committee, and Chair the management committee at Tang Hall Community Centre. I Chair the Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee and represent CYC on the Joint Health OSC for Yorkshire on the review of children's heart surgery at the LGI. I chair the Derwenthorpe Environment Sub Group, and regularly attend all the Residents Forums in Heworth.
- In a personal capacity I am a Trustee of York CVS and a lay member of the General Pharmaceutical Council. I am actively involved in a number of health and social care initiatives in the City and work with a variety of voluntary sector organisations.
- I am a Hull University graduate in Social Administration and have spent most of my working life in the voluntary sector as Chief Executive of two national patient charities. I have also been a lay member of the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the National Clinical Assessment Authority. I was the patient member of the Richard Neale Inquiry and have worked as a patient consultant with a range of NHS organisations as well as national voluntary sector organisations.
- I am a member of the Socialist Health Association and continue to campaign on health issues. I have a keen interest in the environment, gardening and my allotment. I belong to the Minster Community Walking Group, enjoy travelling, and spending time with family and friends